1DROP is announcing an Internship Program! You can apply for an internship below.
• Applications and Resumes can be submited when ready
• Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews
• Start and end date flexible
• Duration 6 months preferable
Who are we?
1DROP is a Neuchâtel, Switzerland and Boston, Massachusetts based medical diagnostics company. We save lives through better and faster portable medical diagnostics. Check out our website 1dropdx.com for more information.
What will I be doing?
This can vary, but in general your primary job will be working with diagnostics devices, performing biological assays, optical characterisation, electronic and software development. There are a variety of projects that you can work on based on your interest. These projects will rely on your engineering skills, hands on experience, best judgement, and hard work.
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply! Undergraduates, graduates, and post graduates.
What attributes/skills/experience level do I need?
• Team oriented
• Ability to work in a small group or individually with little supervision
• Not afraid to ask questions
• Ability to perform in high stress environments and situations
Skills and Experience (not an exhaustive list):
• Hands on with biochemistry, molecular biology, microfluidics, optics, photonics
• Coding: MATLAB, C or C++, Python
• Electrical and electronic systems
• Competence in a machine shop
• Data analysis
• DIY projects
• Indie biology, biohacking
Do I have to be a Life Scientist?
Not at all. We have selected many different types of engineers, and occasionally outstanding non-engineers.
What do I need to apply?
• Cover Letter
• Resume (1-2 pages)
• Portfolio (1-5 pages)
Do I need a portfolio?
Yes. You can apply without one, but your portfolio will help you stand out compared to applicants that don’t have one.
What needs to be in my portfolio?
• School or personal projects that you are proud of
• Images of these projects
• Short blurb about the project, why you are proud of it, etc.
• For group projects, include a second blurb about your responsibilities, contribution, etc.
This position requires being local to Neuchâtel, Switzerland.