Join Us.We are always looking for smart and driven people to join us as we grow!
Work With Us.
Make the world a better place
Leading Science and Technology
Outings & Activities
• Engineering: micro and nano, bioengineering, chemical, mechanical, optics, electrical, software
• In vitro diagnostic assay development, biochemistry, chemistry
• Product design
• High-volume manufacturing
• Sales and marketing
• Quality management
• Regulatory approval
Our interns are part of the team, essential in the laboratory, and are expected to contribute to solving the product challenges we face.
If you think you would fit well with our team and have the skills, passion, and tenacity to work with us, please apply below!
Apply.Strong experience is a plus; passion and motivation are a must. The best way to reach us is through someone working at 1Drop. Otherwise, please apply through the form below.
Biochip Platform Developer
• Investigating and solving the current challenges related to the industrialization of the microfluidics platform
• Planning and analysing scenarios to characterize and improve the performance of 1DROP’s microfluidics platform, taking into account current constrains
• Organizing timelines and taking responsibility for the platform development according to milestones and deadlines
• Synchronizing with reader development and assay development to optimize manufacturability and to minimize design transfer time
• Communicating results and progress to 1DROP’s team
• Ensuring the rigorous implementation of the processes as per established procedures (SOPs) defined in the Quality Management System (QMS)
• Contributing to the Technical Documentation with specifications, protocols, test scenarios and project reports, etc. and building up a Design History documenting all phases of the biochip platform development.
• Following the market, the industry and 1DROP’s competitors, to investigate and evaluate novel or alternative technologies with potential benefits for the microfluidics platform, maximising product value and in alignment with 1DROP’s product and business strategy
• Implementing laboratory best practices and ensuring compliance to the applicable General Safety and Performance Requirements (GSPR) list according to the In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Device Regulation (IVDR) with focus on microfluidics platform
• Interacting, assisting and advising purchasing decisions
Required competences for the position:
• Master’s or PhD degree in mechanical, chemical or biomedical engineering or similar field, preferably with a focus towards microfluidics technologies for biosensing
• 5+ years success record in microfluidics platform development, preferably in the medical technology industry
• Advanced understanding of production requirements for device manufacturability and associated processes
• Excellent project management skills and experienced in reporting on key microfluidics platform metrics
• Strong ability to transfer microfluidic concepts with differentiated advantages over on-market competitor products into a viable product
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge working with many analytical & diagnostic instrumentations such as microfluidics, fluorescence imaging systems, photo-spectrometer and processes such as homogenous assay engineering or surface coating
• Knowledge and experience working in a biochemistry laboratory with hazardous chemicals and biological samples
• Ability to act decisively with strong negotiation skills to obtain materials within budget and on schedule and solve staff or equipment-related issues
• Experienced in microfluidic design using AutoCAD, Solidworks, Rhino, or similar
• Knowledge with image processing, statistical analysis and experimental planning, such as design of experiment, process design, characterization, and optimization and associated tools such as ImageJ, R, Python
• Ability to work in a regulated environment with design control and compliance to ISO 13485, FDA cGMP, IVDR 2017/746
• Independent and self–driven to improve processes and achieve targets
• Analytical and structured workflow with attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
• Excellent English written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Highly creative and inventive problem solver with a ‘hands-on’ personality and a can-do attitude
• Calm under pressure, can thrive in a high-volume, continuously changing, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrating flexibility and openness to execute tasks beyond the job description
In Vitro Diagnostics Scientist
As part of the 1DROP team, the candidate will develop diagnostic assays on the biosensor platform and will be expected to perform the following:
• Take ownership of the development, optimization and commercialization of a range of diagnostic assays.
• Functionalize diagnostic chips using surface modifications, deposition of capture reagents, detection reagents, and analytes, passivation from non-specific binding.
• Characterize the developed assays using blood and serum samples and statistical analysis (sensitivity, specificity, accuracy).
• Assist in writing technical requirements, design specifications, verification test plans and reports, and risk management plans.
Our ideal candidate:
• Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in biomedical engineering, biomaterials, molecular biology, biochemistry, life sciences or related field.
• Experience integrating biological reagents (proteins, nucleic acids) with medical devices
• Experience developing IVD assays and developing medical devices.
• Understand the requirements for manufacturable devices and associated processes.
• Demonstrated record of achievement and professional maturity in a corporate environment.
• Excellent planning and problem solving skills.
• Ability to balance multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Effective communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
Nice to have skills and experience:
• Product development experience using and working with many of the following: microfluidics, molecular biology techniques including, biophotometer, fluorescence microscopy, protein and DNA microarrays.
• Optimization and characterization of surface chemistry for biological systems.
• Experience depositing proteins on surfaces using microarray spotters such as Arrayit, Bio-Rad, Agilent, Sonoplot.
• Biological inkjet printers such as MicroDrop, GeSiM, Scienion.
• Statistical analysis tools such as R, Julia, Python.
• Experience working with a quality system in a regulated industry, preferably medical diagnostics or medical devices.
Full Stack Software Engineer
As part of the 1DROP team, the candidate will develop software for a distributed portable medical diagnostics system:
• Provide architecture and design for the overall application according to the requirements
• Inspire our users with a beautiful and intuitive UI/UX design
• Develop new features and functionality in collaboration with team members
• Maintain best practices relating to design, implementation, documentation, testing, and deployment. Ensure an easy-to-read and robust code base and good test coverage.
• Monitor and optimize code performance
• Provide integration with external services
• Provide technical leadership
• Assess current development processes and recommend changes as needed
Our ideal candidate:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a team with a modern web stack (Node.js, Django, Rails, React, etc.) building high-performance web applications
• Passion for front-end engineering and design
• Desire to push our stack forward. Currently, we use Angular, Redux, and React, GraphQL on the front end, Node.js, Postgres and Rabbitmq on the back end
• Deep knowledge of the building blocks of the web: HTTP, headers, cookies, caching
• Knowledge and experience using dev ops (continuous integration: Maven, Jenkins, Git)
• Open, objective, opinionated. Having technology preferences but happy to use frameworks and tools that get the job done efficiently and with scale in mind
Nice to have skills and experience:
• Interest in personalised medicine, biology, laboratory science
• Experience with machine learning and image processing
• Passion for making in your spare time: electronics, robots, art, bikes, cars, anything!
• Experience with Android or iOS development
• Experience working with a quality system in a regulated industry
Think you got what it takes to join our team?
Fill the form with an accompanying cover letter, resume and website or examples of interesting projects you have worked on.
Follow us on our social media channels to keep up-to-date with our latest news.